Wednesday 6 July 2011

The No-Excuses Jump-Start Workout Plan

The title of this post is somewhat deceiving. I'm actually writing this to tell you what NOT to do.


Now, its very, very rare that I'll suggest to someone that they shouldn't work out. Its only really in cases of illness, pain etc. that working out can be a BAD idea. However, as I mentioned in this post, the "No-Excuses Jump-Start" Plan is a VLCD and because of this, you need to take it easy.


What I will suggest, is getting into a routine. Once you start exercising every day, you body adjusts and you begin to actually crave it. So set a time, or two, and do a little something each day. Then, when you become comfortable with that, add a little more to your existing routine. This way is so much gentler than what most people do, throwing themselves into full, hardcore routines straight away.


This is what you're going to do. Every day, go for a walk. Just ten minutes. I don't care where, I don't care how fast, I don't care if its pouring and you have to walk around the house. Ten minutes, walking, everyday. I promise, you DO have ten spare minutes (if you want, you can do more, but I wouldn't do more than 45-60 minutes).


The next thing? Stretching. As soon as you wake up. Get up, go to the bathroom, then stretch. No coffee first, no getting dressed first, nothing. If you're completely frazzled and busy in the morning, that's fine, but really try to make time. You can do any kind of simple stretching, but I personally recommend yoga. There are a ton of websites that can show you some soothing beginners poses that won't take more than 15 minutes.


So there. Less than half an hour a day, spaced out if you need too. Setting little, achievable goals is the key to staying motivated, and that's what this is about. When you don't dread your workouts, you'll keep doing them until its second nature and you feel 'off' if you don't do them!



Stay happy!

Love, 

Me.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment